August 24, 2009

Review: Aqua Marina from Lush



I have been using this product for the last three months now, I'm glad it's almost over.
I used Nivea Young products for 4 years, I love it, but my skin got used to it, so I used Sea weed Body Shop Products and I loved it too, but I wanted to try other brand as as well. I'm a Lush Lover so I had to try their skin care products. I choose Aqua Marina because it has sea weed and chamomile, so it's perfect for sensitive skin.

According to Lush: "Aqua Marina is a gentle, calming but effective cleanser which is a joy to use. Like a pink mousse wrapped in seaweed, it feels so soft and wobbly that you'll want to play with it, rather than clean your face with it. Smooth it on, rinse it off and your face feels smooth, smells sweet and looks brighter. It has calamine and aloe vera to soothe irritated skin, especially when you've been caught by the sun or the wind. The kaolin cleanses deeply and tightens your skin a little. Immediate result: smoother, softer and firmer skin straight away. Long term result: using Aqua Marina will help to detoxify your skin and protect it from the wear and tear of daily life."

It does clean your skin and make it smooth, but I wasn't impressed at all.
First of all, I can't get over the smell! I've been using this for three months and I really can't get over it. I thought I could, but I can't. In the beginning, I was gaging ahahaha I'm not kidding, I had to hold my breath while using it.
Once you get over the horrible smell, and the weird looks, you're ok.
Even though I couldn't take the smell I still use this because it made my pores look less noticeable. It doesn't itch my skin which is great, because I have really sensitive fair skin. But if you have oily skin, I will not recommend this, especially in the summer. I have oily skin in the summer and oily/dry skin in the winter (Best of both worlds). If I use this in the morning, in the evening my skin looked oily and messy even with a mineral powder foundation.
Plus, Aqua Marina it's not a make up remover. I tried to take my make -up off with this and it as impossible.
I used this cleanser with Tea Tree water Toner from Lush too, which I'm not that impressed either.

If you would like to see more information about the product you can visit their site here.

Overall, it's not a bad product, but for my skin it doesn't work, and the smell it's a huge turn off for me.
I won't buy it again (: But I love Lush still!


xoxo*

Ps: I have a Twitter now! You can join me here !

3 comments:

Eugenia said...

Im not a fan of the Lush Tee Tree toner either, it doesn't really seem to do anything for me!

Viva La Fashion said...

i <3 lush. and i saw that seaweed thing in the store last time i was there and i couldn't figure out what it was. i touched it and the seaweed was just slimy. idk. thanks for your opinion. :)

lorien kate said...

I love Lush :) At the moment Im using a few of their face masks and a moisturizer and the products are so fresh! Love themmm xx